ExtraFax Cloud Service is powered by Upland InterFAX. InterFAX is proud to be ISO 27001 Certified for Information Security, the internationally recognized standard for information security best practice.
They join a select list of companies including Xerox, Pfizer and Vodafone in having been awarded the accreditation by Certification Europe.
Below are some commonly asked questions and answers regarding InterFAX's ISO 27001 certification;
What is ISO 27001 certification?
ISO 27001 is the internationally recognized and respected standard that evaluates if a company is following information security best practices. This completely neutral standard applies an exacting, risk-based approach to determine the security of data within an organization, assessing it's IT structure, processes and people.
What did InterFAX need to do to achieve ISO 27001 certification?
InterFAX underwent a rigorous audit of our information security management systems, processes, and staff, who are specifically trained in information security and data protection.
How difficult is it to get ISO 27001 certification?
It can be difficult, as it requires a three-stage process. If companies meet ISO 27001 standards, they are certified for three years, and after that time they must re-certify.
Can I rely on companies that say they are ISO 27001 certified?
Unfortunately, many companies say they are ISO 27001 certified, however actually rely on the certification of external data center companies, and do not extend to these companies’ own information security management system and staff. InterFAX ISO 27001 certification covers ExtraFax Cloud's entire operations.
How does ISO 27001 certification benefit me?
Companies who prioritize investment in information security practices and ISO 27001 certification provide you with the assurance that we protect our customer's data, 24/7, to an independently verified standard.
- It ensures that ExtraFax Cloud handles data exchange in a safe environment.
- It provides the confidence that ISO 27001’s stringent requirements meet PCI DSS Level 1 standards, which we are accredited for, and EU GDPR, which we are compatible with - even though no official certification is required for the latter.
- It enables consistent service delivery: no disruptions.
- It eliminates the weakest link in data breaches, human error, by building a corporate culture of 'security first'.
- It manages and minimizes risk exposure.