The ExtraFax Cloud document viewer not only allows for documents to be viewed, but also provides options for sorting, sharing and formatting documents.
The above image shows an ExtraFax Cloud test fax which has been opened in the document viewer.
The available options have been numbered and are defined below;
1. Expand or collapse the navigation panel
- Expands or collapses the navigation panel, giving links to ‘Inbox’, ‘Settings’.etc.
- Each document can be assigned a subject and this is displayed here.
A subject can be assigned by clicking the 'More details' icon and navigating to the 'Subject' setting under 'Customized Properties'.
3. More details
- Opens the ‘More details’ window, which gives access to customized properties, as well as the user’s permissions and general information about the document.
- Opens the ‘Sharing’ window, which gives information and controls for sharing documents.
For more information on sharing documents, please see the support section - here.
5. Transfer ownership
- Opens the ‘Transfer Ownership’ window, which gives options for transferring ownership of a document, as well as amending the user’s own permissions. For more information please see the support section - here.
6. Archive / Back to Inbox
- Owners of a fax, and users with 'Can view and edit' shared permissions can archive faxes to hide them from the Inbox.
Archiving faxes is effectively stating that this fax has been handled and hides it from users queues. Once hidden, users can use the advanced search to view archived faxes and use the link to return them to the Inbox.
Only owners of a fax and users with 'Can view and edit' share permission may archive faxes.
For more information please see the support section - here.
7. Mark as read / unread
- Control for marking a document as read or unread.
- Deletes the document from the user’s own queues, as well as that of any users the document has been shared with.
For more information please see the support section here.
9. Resend notifications
- Resend email notifications for the selected document(s).
10. PCI warning
- The PCI warning displayed in this section is shown only to users with the ‘Inbound PCI’ service.
11. User name and menu
- Displays the username of the user currently logged on. Expanding the drop down menu gives links to profile settings, language selection, help centre, contact us and to log out.
12. Expand / collapse page preview panel
- Shows or hides the ‘Page Preview’ panel, giving previews of individual pages for navigational purposes.
13. Search document
- Gives options for searching text within a document, has options for previous and next instances, ‘Highlight All’ to highlight all instances of the selection within the document, and ‘Match case’ to define the case sensitivity of the selection.
14. Page controls
- Controls for navigating between pages within multi page documents.
15. Zoom controls
- Controls for adjusting the scale of the document.
16. Toggle remove sensitive content tool
- Selects/deselects the ‘Remove Sensitive Content’ tool.
This tool allows a user with edit permissions to hide selected areas of content, in order to hide sensitive or private information that may be visible in the received fax. The tool permanently removes visible text and graphics from a fax by imprinting a black box over the selected area.
In order to black out certain areas, zoom in to a sensitive content area, toggle the “Remove Sensitive Content” tool, draw a rectangle above the document, and then confirm the process.
The action is permanent. After covering the selected area, the fax cannot be restored.
17. Toggle scan text tool
- Selects and deselects the ‘Scan Text’ tool. This tool looks to extract text from images.
18. Print document
- Control for Printing a Document.
19. Download document
- Control for downloading a document in a selected file format.
20. Expand / collapse document options menu
- Expands or collapses the ‘Document Options’ menu containing the links defined below;
21. Go to first / last page
- Navigate to the first or last page in a document.
22. Rotate document
- Rotate the document clockwise or counterclockwise.
23. Hand tool
- Enable or disable the hand tool.
24. Document properties
- Displays the document properties window.